Snapdeal, India’s largest online marketplace today announced that their Fashion category has grown by 250% y-o-y and has attracted the highest number of users in 2015. The Women’s fashion category witnessed 220% increase in orders followed by Men’s fashion (130%) and kids fashion (100 %+).
- Highest number of first time users on the website are coming through Fashion category
With increased awareness and growing disposable incomes, e-commerce adoption among women in non-metro cities like Kanpur, Karnal, Indore, etc. has grown significantly. In Women’s category, ethnic wear saw an upward trend with 14% of all searches on Snapdeal related to items like Sarees, dress materials, suits etc. 70% of all women ethnic wear orders came from non-metro areas.
Speaking on the latest development, Rahul Taneja, Vice President, Category Management, Snapdeal said, “Fashion category has grown tremendously for us this year. One of the key reasons for this exponential growth is our exclusive partnerships with notable brands such as Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (TBZ), Ekta Kapoor’s Ek, Shoppers Stop, as well as our partnership with leading brands like Benetton, Jack & Jones, Vero Moda. Aside this, our special initiatives like tie-ups with government handloom corporations & industry bodies’ to list indigenous products has fuelled the growth in the category.”
Based on the consumer buying trends in 2015, Snapdeal has observed various interesting trends in the category. These include:
- Top 5 selling items in fashion- Sarees, Dress material, Men shoes, Men watches, Women kurtis
- Top 3 selling items in Precious jewellery- Pendants, Rings, Earrings
- Top colours (women)- Red, Black, Purple
- Top colours (men)- Black, Blue, Grey
- The innerwear category has witnessed 200% growth for women and 100% growth for men
- Footwear has seen a sharp increase in search by men – 12% of all searches on Snapdeal were related to men’s footwear- from formals to sports to sandals
- Mangalsutras were a popular buy among precious jewellery