Snapdeal today shared that Snapdeal Gold, with its assurance of 100% pre-shipment checks and fast shipping, has proved to be a huge draw for customers during the first two days of Unbox Diwali Sale.
Preference for Snapdeal Gold (which is available on orders paid for at time of order booking) and attractive offers from banks led to a record increase in the number of users selecting prepaid options at the time of booking. In the first two days of the Snapdeal Unbox Diwali Sale, more than 50% of the users opted to pay by credit & debit cards, net banking and through FreeCharge wallet to avail of attractive bank offers, interest free EMIs and free shipping.
Snapdeal shipped a whopping four lakh packets within one day from its biggest logistics facility in Delhi, even as its warehouses across the country shipped lakhs more, as orders poured in from more than 16000 pin codes across India. The fast shipping was made possible by having a majority of fast moving products quality checked and ready for dispatch in advance, based on an accurate assessment of demand using predictive data analysis.
Commenting on the increase in Snapdeal Gold orders, Jayant Sood, Chief Customer Experience Officer, Snapdeal said, “We are excited to see the overwhelming response to our newly launched Snapdeal Gold service. We are confident that customers will have the best experience with Snapdeal this Diwali.”
Day 2 of the Unbox Diwali sale also saw eye-popping numbers in fashion category sales. The ethnic wear category witnessed a 15x growth over normal days as customers stocked up for the festive season. Kurtas were the most popular products within men’s fashion and semi-stitched suits were the most popular among women’s fashion. Other than robust demand from metro cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata, maximum demand from next tier of cities came from Patna, Ranchi, Indore, Madurai and Bhopal.
At Snapdeal, attractive offers on fashion were available on the following brands:
- Men’s Clothing & Footwear: Lee, Wrangler, Indian Terrain, Celio – Minimum 50% Off
- Women’s Clothing: Vero Moda, ONLY, GAS, Wills Lifestyle, Madame
- Watches: Timex, Maxima, Guess, Daniel Klein
- Bags: Caprese, Lavie, Lino Perros, Hidesign
- Footwear: Puma, Vans, Lotto, Catwalk, Steve Madden, Lavie
- Festive wear for kids with Minimum 60% discount topped by an additional 20% off
- Other fashion and footwear brands on offer include John Players, Carlton London, Jack & Jones, Crocs, Guess, Fila and many more.