- Records a tremendous consumer response with a 17x increase in sales, 10 x increases in volumes and 5X increase in Users
- 5 Mobile Phones sold per second
Snapdeal, India’s largest online marketplace, announced that the Electronics Monday Sale has exceeded its expectation with an overwhelming response from customers across the country, with the sales revenue recording an increase of 17x by Monday evening.
Rahul Taneja, Vice President, Category Management, Snapdeal said, “The tremendous support from our sellers enabled us to provide attractive deals and really solid discounts which resulted in this phenomenal response we have received today. We are well on track to reach $100 million sales on our Electronics Monday Sale.”
The trends indicate a 10X growth in orders 17X rise in sales with 5x growth in customers who shopped in today’s sale. In the large appliances category, Air Conditioners & Washing Machines were the top selling products while in the home appliances category Geysers were the highest selling product. In the mobile phone category, brands like Xiaomi, Micromax, Yu, Samsung and Apple were the most popular. Power banks and cameras were among the top selling categories.
For further information, visit www.snapdeal.com
Highlights from Snapdeal Mega Electronics Sale:
- 17x growth in sales
- 10x growth in orders
- 5x increase in users
- 4x growth in the mobile category as compared to Diwali last year, with 5 mobile phones sold every second
- Top selling products: Smart Phones, Cameras, Laptops, Power Banks, Home Theatre Systems
- Bangalore and Delhi followed by Hyderabad and Chennai registered the highest surge in order volumes