Snapdeal, India’s largest online marketplace, today announced that it recorded its highest ever sales by both volume and value on any single day on Day 1 of the Unbox Diwali Sale, establishing a new record for itself.
Highlights from Day 1 of Unbox Diwali Sale:
- 9X increase in sales volume
- 37 sellers crossed more than Rs 1 crore in turnover
- ‘Snapdeal Diwali Sale’ most searched from Mizoram, Meghalaya, Goa, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir
- More than 100,000 pairs of footwear sold on Day 1
- More than 2.5 lakhs kitchen appliances sold
- Cargo to be shipped on Day 1 can fill nearly 20 A380 Jumbos
As sales volumes surged nearly 9X of average daily sales, Snapdeal witnessed more than 80% of orders coming from its mobile platforms. The traffic from tier 2 and 3 cities increased by 20 times, with maximum surge, other than metros, coming from Mizoram, Meghalaya, Goa, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir in that order.
Day 1 of Unbox Diwali sale proved to be happy hunting ground for those looking to buy phones – Redmi Note 3, iPhone 6s, iPhone 5s, Mi Max, LeEco Le Max 2 were the top selling phones, followed closely by Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro & Samsung Galaxy J3S with bike mode.
In addition, Voltas 1.2 Ton Split Air-conditioners, Dell & Acer laptops, Canon & Nikon cameras, Kitchen appliances, including Juicer Mixer Grinders and Pressure Cookers were other popular products that sold throughout the day.
Storage devices from Sony, Toshiba, Samsung, SanDisk and personal electronics like Philips hair dryers, JBL In-ear speakers, Shavers and trimmers were also best sellers.
Attractive discounts on footwear were available from multiple fashion brands and more than 100,000 pairs of footwear were sold on Day 1 of the sale.
The start of Unbox Diwali sale also brought cheer to Snapdeal sellers, as 37 sellers crossed the Rs 1 Crores turnover on Day 1 itself. More than 63,000 unique sellers received orders on Snapdeal on Day 1 of the Sale.
With a surge in demand for home appliances bought during the day, the products to be shipped from Day 1 of sales itself weighed nearly 3000 tonnes, enough to fill 20 A380s jumbos carrying only cargo.
On 3rd October, the second day of the Unbox Diwali Sale, there are attractive offers on the following products:
· JBL SB350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
· iPhone 6s (16GB)
· Samsung Galaxy J3 with S Bike Mode
· Lenovo G50-80 5th Gen Intel® Core™ i3 1TB Notebook
· LG 43LH547A 108 cm (43) Full HD LED Television
· Blue Star 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split Air Conditioner
· Micromax (32) Full HD LED Television
· Micromax Spark 3 (8GB) – 13.97 cm
· Micromax Canvas 5 Lite (16GB) – 12.7 cm
· Deemark Leg & Foot Massager
· Acer Windows 10 Touch Screen 2 in 1 Laptop